I forgot how much I love having dark hair.
Funny how a day off to just be with your partner helps keep you sane.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Assuming we’re talking celebrities, Anne Rice.
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I used to think that would be fun, but nope, not interested.
3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you’re going to say? Why?
If it’s important, yes.
4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Lots of sleep, lots of food.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Within the last week. Not sure exactly when.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
I’ve always believed that I would die young.
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
Sense of humor
Love of wolves
Need for touch
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I wish my mom had been sober.
11. Take four minutes and tell you partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
I’ll have to do that one in person.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to concentrate for more than 30 seconds.
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Nothing. I’d rather not know.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Bungee jumping. I’m terrified of heights.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Not becoming the drug addict everyone thought I would.
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
In the backyard at the house I grew up in we had a rose bush. Every spring my father would pick the first rose that bloomed and give it to me, because he knew I loved them.
18. What is your most terrible memory?
I think I’ve blocked most of them out.
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
I’d probably finally go bungee jumping.
20. What does friendship mean to you?
Forming a bond based on loyalty, love, and trust.
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I need them… but only from a select few people.
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
He hates to see others in pain.
He is loyal.
He is funny.
He is intuitive.
He is responsible.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
We aren’t close, and no.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
28. Tell your partner what you like about them: be honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
I like that he’s my partner in everything.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person?
Uhhhhhhh? A week ago.maybe.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
I’m not putting that shit here.
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
Probably a book.
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
My father. I fear I’ll lose my mind the day he leaves this earth.
Sometimes I feel like I need to strategically plan everything I do and say.
Then I remember that not every one will like me, and there is nothing I can do about it, so why worry?
Hakuna matata, I guess. :-)
Thinking about the beach is the only thing getting me through work lately.
The last few days my limbs have felt so heavy.
I stand for about 7 hours at work and about the time that 5th hour rolls around my body feels like it’s 100 pounds heavier than normal.
Maybe I need more caffiene.
I go through phases where all I can think is “Does anything that I’m doing matter? Is any of it really worth it? Why am I bothering to go through the motions?”
It’s not a great feeling.